XMM-Newton Science Analysis System
epframes (epframes-8.116) [xmmsas_20211130_0941-20.0.0]
- Time related attributes:
- observation related: DATE_OBS and DURATION
required by XMM-SOC-ICD-0006-SSC (),
write also DATE_END and OBSSTART, OBSSTOP
- exposure related: DATE-OBS and DATE-END
required by XMM-SOC-ICD-0004-SSD (),
write also EXPSTART, EXPSTOP
- SAS_VERBOSITY should be set to `Sparse' (4) for normal processing
and `Verbose' (5) for more detailed processing. Values of 6 and higher may
yield quite a number of messages related to rejected events (MIPs)
depending on CCD number and instrument mode.
- SAS_MEMORY_MODEL should be set to `high' for normal processing.
- Information about possible errors in the ODF is needed to
decide about additional criteria to flag wrong frames and events:
can the ODF still be corrupted by transfer jumps, bit flips, etc.
or are these checks done elsewhere?
XMM-Newton SOC -- 2021-11-30