XMM-Newton Science Analysis System
evatt (saslib-1.88) [xmmsas_20211130_0941-20.0.0]
- IN_BAD_FRAME This event was detected in a frame where
something was incoherent, hinting at corrupted data.
- COSMIC_RAY This event was detected within a large
pattern (size 31). It was most likely a particle event (MIP).
Not set yet for PN as the SAS pattern recognition is performed after
the SAS MIP rejection.
- ON_BADPIX This event was detected at the location of a
registered bad pixel (not declared on board).
- OUT_OF_CCD_WINDOW This event was detected outside the
CCD or the current window.
- SECONDARY This event is a secondary event in a pattern
and all the relevant event information is stored with the main event
after the pattern recombination.
- TRAILING This event is most likely reemission of an
event occuring immediately next to it towards the CAMEX and just
above the threshold. Its charge is already corrected for in the CTI
- MIP_ASSOCIATED This event is detected in columns that
contain high-energy particle events (MIPs) or in adjacent columns.
It may be associated to the MIP itself. Even if unrelated its energy
cannot be determined with sufficient accuracy because CTI
corrections do not apply anymore.
XMM-Newton SOC -- 2021-11-30