XMM-Newton Science Analysis System
omichain (omichain-1.74.9) [xmmsas_20211130_0941-20.0.0]
Except for the SAS summary file, which is an ascii file, all the others
are FITS files.
- rrrr_iiiiiiiiii_SCX00000SUM.SAS - SAS summary file- produced by odfingest
- rrrr_iiiiiiiiii_SCX00000NPH.FIT - OM Non-periodic Housekeeping file
- rrrr_iiiiiiiiii_SCX00000PEH.FIT - OM Periodic Housekeeping file
- rrrr_iiiiiiiiii_SCX00000TCS.FIT - Spacecraft time correlation file
- rrrr_iiiiiiiiii_SCX00000ATS.FIT - Spacecraft attitude history file
- rrrr_iiiiiiiiii_SCX00000RFX.FIT - Spacecraft priority reference-frame data.
For each exposure to be processed there are also files:
- rrrr_iiiiiiiiii_OMSeeewwTHX.FIT - OM Tracking History Data Auxiliary file
- rrrr_iiiiiiiiii_OMSeeewwWDX.FIT - OM Priority Window Data Auxiliary file
where rrrr is the 4 digit XMM rev. number, iiiiiiiiii is the 10
digit observation id, eee is the exposure number (e.g. 006 etc.), and
ww is the window identifier (00 or 01).
If THX-file are not present, no tracking corrections can be applied but
this is often not critical since XMM's tracking appears to be good to around 1
arc-second. If THX files are absent, a dummy file is created by omprep.
XMM-Newton SOC -- 2021-11-30