Final Announcement, 9-Jun-2011
The X-ray Universe 2011
27 - 30 June 2011
Organised by the
XMM-Newton Science Operations Centre
European Space Agency (ESA)
We are glad to welcome the ESA Coordinator for Astronomy and Fundamental Physics missions, Fabio Favata, to open the conference.
The Athena Study Scientist David Lumb will give us latest news on the status of the Athena mission.
The conference programme is available under
Please note that:
- The abstract booklet is only available as a pdf file on the conference web page and on a memory stick in the conference bags.
- After the conference, the contributions will be made available online. There will be no proceedings of this conference.
- Latest information can always be found under
More information is available under
- Welcome Reception and 1st Registration session on Sunday 26th, 18:00-20:00
- Conference dinner on Tuesday 28th, 20:30-23:30
- Post conference tour on Thursday 30th, 19:30-22:00: Viewing of the historical Astrophysical Observatory Potsdam ("Telegrafenberg"). The tour is organised and sponsored by the Leibniz-Institut fuer Astrophysik Potsdam (AIP).
Registration and abstract submission for posters are still open under
Directions on how to reach Berlin and the conference venue are available at
Information for Presenters
Information is given for presenters of talks and posters in the conference web page, at
Please note that personal laptops cannot be used for oral presentations, which will have to be uploaded well in advance of the
We look forward to seeing you in Berlin.