Announcement of Opportunity: Policies and Procedures
Next: 7.3.2 Review Process and Selection Criteria
Up: 7.3 Scientific Review
Previous: 7.3 Scientific Review
7.3.1 Observing Time Allocation Committee
All ``Open Time'' proposals will be reviewed by the OTAC.
This committee is appointed by the ESA Director of Science.
It is headed by a chairperson and consists of
one to three panels for each of the following scientific categories:
- Stars, White Dwarfs, Solar System, and Exoplanets
- White Dwarf Binaries, Neutron Star Binaries,
Cataclysmic Variables, ULXs and Black Holes
- Supernovae, GRBs, Supernova Remnants, Diffuse (Galactic) Emission
and Isolated Neutron Stars
- Active Galactic Nuclei, Quasars and BL-Lac Objects
- Galaxies, Groups of Galaxies, Clusters of Galaxies and Superclusters
- Cosmology, Extragalactic Deep Fields and Large Extragalactic Areas
Each panel consists of 5 members including the panel chairperson.
European Space Agency - XMM-Newton Science Operations Centre