Announcement of Opportunity: Policies and Procedures
Next: 7.3.2 Review Process and Selection Criteria
Up: 7.3 Scientific Review
Previous: 7.3 Scientific Review
7.3.1 Observing Time Allocation Committee
All proposals will be reviewed by the OTAC.
It is headed by a chairperson and it consists of panels for each of the following scientific categories:
- Stars, White Dwarfs, Solar System, and Exoplanets
- White Dwarf Binaries, Neutron Star Binaries,
Cataclysmic Variables, ULXs and Black Holes
- Supernovae, Gamma-Ray-Bursts, Gravitational Wave Events, Supernova Remnants, Diffuse (Galactic) Emission and Isolated Neutron Stars
- Active Galactic Nuclei, Quasars, BL-Lac Objects and Tidal Disruption Events
- Galaxies, Groups of Galaxies, Clusters of Galaxies and Superclusters
- Cosmology, Extragalactic Deep Fields and Large Extragalactic Areas
Proposals submitted to category 6 will be evaluated by the panels of category 4 or 5 depending on the main topic of the proposal.
Proposals, which were submitted to a wrong scientific category, will be moved to the correct scientific category by the SOC on a best effort basis.
European Space Agency - XMM-Newton Science Operations Centre